Chris Cosentino’s Summer of The Bloody Roman
Summer is here! We came across this amazing, cool drink called a Bloody Roman that could almost qualify as a hearty meal for true foodies! From the amazing mind of Chef Chris Cosentino, this perfect Summer drink recipe comes from his latest book New Beginnings: My Way To Start A Meal, which you can even click here to purchase!
We love how an original Summer drink like the Bloody Roman fits nicely with the lifestyle approach we bring through KORHANI home and as you can see, we help take care of your patio space through our outdoor area rugs, cushions and other accessories such as our handy new Cube chair!
Chris Cosentino’s Bloody Roman Recipe (SERVES 6):
- 1 Tbsp salt-packed capers
- 2 red Fresno chiles
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) heirloom tomatoes
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped pickled peppers (Chris prefers Mama Lil’s)
- 2 tsp Asian fish sauce (Chris prefers Red Boat brand #50)
- 1 tsp Cabernet vinegar
- 1 tsp ground Aleppo pepper, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 18 Castelvetrano or other mild green olives, pitted
- 3 bottles beer (12 fl oz/375 ml each) beer, cold (Chris prefers Anchor Steam)
- 12 oysters, preferably Kumamato or Kusshi, shucked, liquor reserved
- 6 serrano chiles Chile threads.
Chill six 1-pint (16–fl oz/500-ml) glasses in the refrigerator.
To make the Roman mix, rinse and chop the capers. Seed and chop the chiles. Core and coarsely chop the tomatoes, then pass the tomatoes through a food mill fitted with the fine grinding disk placed over a bowl to remove the skins and seeds. Add the shallot, capers, and chiles to the bowl with the tomatoes and mix well. Season with the pickled peppers, fish sauce, vinegar, and Aleppo pepper and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Place 2 pitted olives in each chilled glass. Divide the beer evenly among the glasses, and then top off each glass with the Roman mix. Place 2 shucked oysters and their liquor in each glass and then garnish each serving with an olive, serrano chile, and chile threads. Serve right away.
Beginnings: My Way Start a Meal
Style at Home
Style At Home: West Elm Outdoor Seating
Kathe Lison: Outdoor Plain Air Coffee Table
Click here and select Outdoor to find the nearest Walmart location where you can purchase any of the KORHANI home accessories shown above.